Center for Teaching and Learning
The University of Delaware has a strong commitment to student and faculty engagement and support in effective teaching. In 1975, the Faculty Senate established the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) which promotes the enhancement of learning and teaching at the University. CTL and the Office of Educational Assessment (OEA) have been joined programmatically under the new title: Center for Teaching & Assessment of Learning (CTAL).
CTL's primary goals are:
- Support the instructional improvement efforts of UD's teaching community.
- Facilitate the implementation of programs and activities that enrich and improve teaching and learning.
- Promote active engagement and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Cultivate an institutional climate that values, rewards, sustains and renews excellence in teaching and learning.
- Serve as a clearinghouse on teaching and learning in higher education.
CTL supports faculty, administrators, graduate students, and staff in their instructional activities and provides a range of instructional services to help all members of UD's teaching community enhance the teaching and learning process.